The Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom are some of the best and most elaborately themed restaurants I’ve ever had the chance to visit.
Disney restaurants, in general, are themed to perfection. But the Rainforest Cafe takes it to the next level with giant animal animatronics, rainforest sounds, waterfalls, volcanos, and tree sculptures. My kids still love the Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex restaurant so we visit every time we are in Orlando.
So, if you’re weighing up whether the Rainforest Cafe is the right choice for you, here is everything you need to know about both locations, including the food options, prices, and how to make a reservation.
What Is The Rainforest Cafe?
Table of Contents - Click to View
The Rainforest Cafe is a jungle-themed restaurant chain that is owned by the company Landry’s.
In total, there are six restaurants located throughout the United States. However, two of them are at Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom.
Where Are The Rainforest Cafe Locations At Disney Springs And Animal Kingdom?
You can find the Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs in the Marketplace—opposite Earl of Sandwich and Disney’s Days of Christmas.
If you’re standing at another Landry’s themed restaurant, T-Rex Cafe, then you’ll be able to spot Rainforest Cafe just across the lake—you honestly can’t miss it!
Animal Kingdom’s Rainforest Cafe, on the other hand, isn’t actually in the park, as the restaurant is located just outside the main entrance.
As neither restaurant requires you to enter through a Disney ticket gate, you don’t need a valid Disney ticket to dine at either location.
What Is The Atmosphere Like At The Rainforest Cafe?
The atmosphere inside the Rainforest Cafe is loud, colourful, and fun-filled.
Landry’s has designed both the Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafes to perfectly reflect a rainforest with large animatronics, aquariums full of fish, water features, and impressive tree sculptures.
As the theming begins as soon as you walk through the door, no matter where you sit, you’ll truly feel like you’re dining in the rainforest—the theming even carries through to the toilets!
What Kind Of Food Is Served At The Rainforest Cafe?
Rainforest Cafe serves American cuisine with meat, seafood, and pasta dishes, as well as burgers, soups, and salads.
Both the Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafes serve the same lunch and dinner menus. However, the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom also opens up for breakfast.
Below are some dishes in each category so you can get an idea of whether the Rainforest Cafe is suitable for your family.
Breakfast at Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafe
- Classics: Eggs benedict, omelette, buttermilk pancakes, and breakfast skillet.
- Brunch: Breakfast pizza, breakfast burrito, breakfast nachos, and chicken and waffles.
- Sandwiches: Croque Monsieur, BLT, and breakfast burger.
- Healthier options: Avocado toast, breakfast parfait, and quinoa bowl.
Lunch and dinner at Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs Rainforest Cafe
- Appetisers: Chicken quesadillas, mozzarella flatbread, and beef nachos.
- Soups and salads: Caesar salad, grain bowls, and chicken salad.
- Seafood: Fish and chips, coconut fried shrimp, shrimp tacos, and salmon.
- Sandwiches and burgers: Cheeseburger, lemon chicken sandwich, turkey breast wrap, and pulled pork burger.
- Meat: Steak, spicy stir-fried chicken, spare ribs, and chicken and shrimp.
- Pasta: Mac and cheese, pesto pasta, and spicy cajun pasta.
What Are The Prices Like At The Rainforest Cafe?
Prices in the Rainforest Cafe are mid-range. And you can expect to pay standard Disney prices despite Rainforest Cafe being owned by the company Landry’s.
By no means will Rainforest Cafe be your cheapest meal in Orlando. But you are paying for the experience, so you should expect slightly above-average prices.
Does The Rainforest Cafe Have A Kids’ Menu?
Yes, the Rainforest Cafe does have a kids’ menu and little ones are well-catered for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
For breakfast at the Animal Kingdom branch, kids can choose between Tonga toast, waffles, cereal, and pancakes. And for lunch and dinner, they’ll have the choice of grilled chicken, mini burgers, hot dogs, chicken quesadillas, pasta, macaroni cheese, and popcorn shrimp, amongst many other things.
Something I particularly love about Disney restaurants and partnered restaurant chains like Landry’s is they serve familiar foods for kids. So even kids who don’t like to experiment with food can enjoy a sit-down meal with their family.
Does The Rainforest Cafe Offer Any Discounts?
The Rainforest Cafe doesn’t offer any discounts unless you’re a Disney annual pass holder.
Disney annual pass holders can receive a 10% discount on regular-priced breakfast, lunch and dinner entrées.
Once Disney dining plans return to Walt Disney World at the start of 2024, you can use one dining plan credit at both the Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafes.
If you have a Landry’s card then you can accumulate points evert time you eat at a eligible restaurant- which lead to $25 off your meal. Landry’s also offer a discount voucher during your birthday month and often a free cupcake too.
How Can You Make A Reservation At The Rainforest Cafe?
The easiest way to make a reservation at the Rainforest Cafe is through the Walt Disney World website or the Walt Disney World app.
To book online, head over to the Walt Disney World Rainforest Cafe Disney Springs website or the Walt Disney World Rainforest Cafe Animal Kingdom website.
From there, click “Check Availability”, and you’ll be prompted to log into your Walt Disney World account. Once you’ve logged in, you can choose the time and date that suits you. And your booking will be saved to your account for future reference.
Alternatively, you can book via the Walt Disney World app by searching for Rainforest Cafe Disney Springs or Animal Kingdom and clicking “Reserve Dining”.
If you can’t grab a reservation in advance, don’t despair! With a Landry’s card you can secure an on the day reservation at the Rainforest Cafe, with priority seating.
What Are Some Tips For Dining At The Rainforest Cafe?
Some dining tips for the Rainforest Cafe are as follows:
- You do not need a valid Disney park ticket to dine at the Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs or Animal Kingdom.
- Like other Disney restaurants, however, you can book a reservation for the Rainforest Cafe 60 days in advance. And if you have your heart set on eating there, I suggest you book as early as possible so you don’t miss out on a reservation.
- If you don’t manage to get a reservation for Rainforest Cafe, you may still be able to get one on the day. It never hurts to walk up and ask a staff member. Or log into the Walt Disney World app and join the walk-up list.
- The Rainforest Cafe isn’t a relaxing meal. So it may not be the restaurant for you if you’re after something quiet.
- If there is somewhere specific you want to sit, for example, next to an aquarium or by a certain animatronic, ask a member of staff if it would be possible to sit there. The staff are very accommodating and will try and fulfil your wants and needs as best they can.
What Are Some Of The Pros And Cons Of Dining At The Rainforest Cafe?
After dining at the Rainforest Cafe, I’ve come up with some pros and cons that may help you decide whether or not you should eat there.
- You can’t beat the theming inside the Rainforest Cafe. And it will entertain the kids!
- Food options at the Rainforest Cafe are familiar, so there should be something that everyone in your family can enjoy.
- Due to the restaurants not being in the Disney parks, you don’t need a Disney park ticket to dine there, meaning everyone can enjoy a fun, themed meal.
- Food portions are generous, so although the prices are slightly above average, you won’t be leaving the restaurant hungry.
- Something I particularly love about the Rainforest Cafe is that kids can be kids. And you won’t be judged if your child isn’t a perfect angel for the entirety of the meal.
- The Rainforest Cafe is a loud restaurant. So, if your little one struggles with loud noises, it may not be the best option for you.
- Prices are slightly above average. However, you do pay extra for the overall experience.
Things To Do For Kids While Waiting For Their Food At The Rainforest Cafe
One of the best things to do for kids who are waiting for their food at the Rainforest Cafe is to simply walk around the restaurant and take in the incredible theming, animatronics, and the schools of fish that call the restaurant’s fish tanks home. The restaurant also has its very own gift shop that you can spend time exploring!
If you know that your child can be extremely impatient when dining in sit-down restaurants, then I highly suggest taking some colouring, card games, or toys for them to play with. As the Rainforest Cafe does get extremely busy, food wait times can sometimes be above average.
So, be prepared and have something on hand to keep everyone entertained and occupied.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Unique About The Rainforest Cafe At Disney Springs?
The most unique thing about the Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs is the fact that it truly makes you feel like you’re dining in a rainforest. With animals, plant sculptures, aquariums, and rainforest sounds, the Rainforest Cafe is like no other restaurant you’ve eaten at before.
What Are Some Of The Special Features Of The Rainforest Cafe At Disney Springs?
Special features of the Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs include singing birds, schools of fish, trumpeting elephants, and chest-pounding gorillas. The volcano that sits on top of the restaurant also erupts every 30 minutes, which is something you should definitely stick around for.
What Are Some Of The Best Things To Order At The Rainforest Cafe At Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom?
It’s hard to narrow down the best dishes on the Rainforest Cafe menu as everyone has different preferences, and all dishes on the menu are tasty and of reasonable size. However, a dessert I highly recommend ordering is the sparkling volcano for four.
The sparkling volcano is a chocolate brownie cake that is served with vanilla ice cream and topped with a sparkler. And to make the dessert even more fun, when the servers bring it to your table, they shout, “Volcano!”
What Are Some Tips For Visiting The Rainforest Cafe At Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom With Kids?
As the Rainforest Cafe is a loud restaurant, you don’t need to worry about your child being on their best behaviour. And if your child struggles to sit and wait for their food, then feel free to get up and explore the restaurant to see all the elaborate theming, animatronics, and fish tanks.
But aside from not worrying about other diners around you, my biggest tip for visiting the Rainforest Cafe with kids would be to book a table 60 days in advance to avoid missing out on a reservation.
Is The Rainforest Cafe At Disney Springs A Good Place To Go For A Special Occasion?
If the special occasion is a child’s birthday, then yes, the Rainforest Cafe is a good place to go for a meal. But, if you’re looking for a relaxing restaurant that is suitable for an anniversary or an adult’s birthday, for example, then the loud, colourful atmosphere may not be the best option.
What Are Some Of The Special Features Of The Rainforest Cafe At Animal Kingdom?
The Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom doesn’t have a volcano like the one at Disney Springs, probably to avoid causing stress to the animals inside the Animal Kingdom park. However, it does feature a huge saltwater fish tank, waterfalls, a thunderstorm that brings the animatronic animals to life, and a lit up magic mushroom bar.
Is The Rainforest Cafe At Animal Kingdom A Good Place To Go For A Break From The Park?
If you are looking for quiet, then personally don’t think the Rainforest Cafe is a good place to go if you’re after a break from the park. As you likely need a break from the hecticness that comes with the Disney parks, entering the loud, colourful, and busy Rainforest Cafe restaurant won’t give you the peace and quiet you’re after.
However, if you’re simply looking to escape the heat and enjoy a sit-down meal, then yes, the Rainforest Cafe is an excellent restaurant choice!
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our VISITING ORLANDO WITH KIDS FACEBOOK GROUP here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit in and around Orlando.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.