Disney theme parks are the happiest place on earth- and for a good reason. Families can bond over shared memories of favorite rides, characters, and shows. However, trekking around a Disney park all day requires some serious preparation.
Chief among your concerns should be how to best carry all of your belongings without getting weighed down or breaking the bank. To help you out, our experts at Flying with a Baby have compiled a list of the some of the best bags and backpacks for a trip to Disney.
AD- Affiliate Links. This article may contain affiliate links. Please read more details and our full disclosure here.
Best Bags and Backpacks for a Trip to Disney: How to Choose the Best Bag for Your Disney Trip
When choosing the best bags and backpacks for a trip to Disney World or Disneyland, there are a few key factors you’ll want to keep in mind. Including who it is for and what you need for the day.
With capacity; you’ll need enough room to store snacks, water, sunscreen, ponchos, an autograph book, and any other essentials you may want to bring into the park. If the bag is for an adult, you’ll likely need room for a portable charger too.
If the bag is for a child, comfort and safety is a high priority. A heavy bag can quickly become a nuisance, so it’s important to find a bag that won’t strain your or your child’s back or shoulders. With younger ones, you’ll want to ensure your children are always safe. Safety harnesses or leashes can keep them close by and prevent them from getting lost in the crowd.
Finally, consider durability. A bag that can withstand a little wear and tear is ideal for Disney trips since you’ll be doing a lot of walking (and sometimes running). Water resistance is also a nice feature in case you get caught in a sudden rainstorm.
Summary of the 5 Best Bags and Backpacks for a Trip to Disney
Below, we’ll compare and contrast five of the best bags and backpacks to bring to Disney parks in terms of their price, materials, and features: 23321
|Yodo Kids Insulated Toddler Backpack with Safety Harness||Toddler backpack with a safety harness, |
leash, nametag, and additional lunchbox.
|Loungefly Disney Mickey |
Mouse Mini Backpack
|For children over 12 years old. Features a|
zipper front pocket and padded,
|Mickey Mouse Ice Cream |
Sandwich Crossbody Bag
|The cutest Disney bag! Crossbody bag for |
adults and older children. Features a unique
Mickey shape with one zippered pocket.
It’s small and doesn’t fit in a great deal,
but the cuteness factor was hard to beat.
|Disney Mickey Mouse |
Drawstring Backpack 4 Pack
|For children or adults of any age. Features a |
fully lined interior and adjustable drawstrings.
Comes with 4 in a pack, so great for families.
|Disney Tote Duffel Bag |
Mickey Mouse Friends All Over Print Weekender Travel
|For traveling or as a diaper bag substitute, |
this bag features a large zipper enclosure
and a smaller slit pocket. Conveniently
has a large shoulder strap –
handy to take to the parks and buy lots of souvenirs! Water resistant.
Now that you’ve seen how the best bags to carry at Disney World stack up against each other, let’s look at each of them more in-depth.
Best Bags and Backpacks for a Trip to Disney
The Yodo Kids Insulated Toddler Backpack is the perfect backpack for your little one, with a safety harness, durable backpack, and lunch bag all in one. It's ideal for children aged 18-36 months but can also be used as a replacement diaper bag or emergency backup bag for snacks, clothes, and wipes.
This bag comes in five different animals and multiple bold colors with a name tag at the back. Your child can write their name or draw on the tag to design a friend that is theirs alone.Features/Measurements
- Detachable tether and 50-inch length
- No water-resistant coating
- Measures 8.5 x 4.5 x 10.5-inch
- The detachable tether and 50-inch length allow you to feel secure knowing your child is close by while also giving them a sense of independence.
- The easy attach/detach function means you can use it when needed without any hassle.
- Your toddler will feel independent with their very own backpack
- Perfect for crowded places like airports, parks, or museums, and of course, one of the best Disney Backpacks at a much lower price.
- The Yodo Kids Insulated Toddler Backpack with Safety Harness may not be large enough for extended trips or weekend stays, so an extra bag may be necessary.
Intended for children 12 years and up, this Loungefly Disney Mickey Mouse Mini Backpack is perfect for carrying around the essentials without being too bulky or heavy. The backpack measures 9.25 x 10.25 x 6 inches and features one large zip compartment and a smaller front zip pocket.Features/Measurements
- No water-resistant coating
- Measures 9.25 x 10.25 x 6 inches
- The bag is made of durable canvas and features an all-over print of everyone's favorite mouse, Mickey. The black and white colors are perfect for trekking around the park or showing off your Disney fandom outside in a more subtle way.
- This backpack is also available in a range of other styles and designs, including Snow White, Tinkerbell, and the Nightmare Before Christmas characters.
- Loungefly bags are licensed by Disney and therefore are more expensive.
- This bag is only suitable for children 12+
If you prefer a crossbody bag, the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich Crossbody Bag is one of the best Disney bags out there. Licensed officially by Disney, this Loungefly crossbody bag is made of durable faux leather material and features a faux leather embossed material in the shape of Mickey Mouse.
The bag measures 13" X 11.25" X 2" and has an adjustable chain strap, so it can be worn by adults or children.Features/Measurements
- Single pocket cotton/faux leather exterior
- Not water-resistant
- Measures 13" X 11.25" X 2"
- This crossbody bag is perfect for carrying essentials like your phone, wallet, and keys. And it's stylish enough to be worn even when you're not at the park.
- The crossbody design offers a lightweight option for carrying maps, passes, and other important items.
- The chain strap may be dangerous for smaller children.
- The bag may not be large enough to carry everything necessary, so a secondary bag may be required.
These unique drawstring bags come in a 4-pack, 2-pack, or sold individually, perfect for small personal items, or to use as a gift bag. The bags are made of high-quality polyester material and measure 9.5 x 1.5 x 13.5 inches. They are sturdy enough to hold water bottles, autograph books, portable fans and some souvenir purchases.
Each bag in the 4-pack features a different design, including an all-over print of Mickey Mouse, two in gold and two in white.Features/Measurements
- 4-pack of drawstring bags
- Not designed to be waterproof
- Measures 9.5 x 1.5 x 13.5
- A four-pack is ideal for large families, and the unique designs are appealing
- These drawstring bags are the least expensive option on our list but still provide a fun way to show off your Disney obsession.
- For larger families or groups, these bags are a simple yet effective way of keeping everyone's things together.
- Drawstring bags aren't as durable as other options
- These bags offer no additional pockets or ways to organize your belongings.
Whether it's getting to your hotel, subbing out your usual diaper bag, or just packing for a day at the park, this Disney Tote Duffel Bag is perfect for carrying everything you need. It's spacious with one large main compartment and a side 7x5 inch slit pocket. The bag measures 17.5 x 14 x 9 inches and is made of high-quality, easily cleanable polyester material.
The fun Mickey and Minnie Mouse all-over print design will make packing more fun.Features/Measurements
- Additional front pocket for storage
- Water-resistant/easily cleanable polyester material
- Measures 17.5 x 14 x 9 inches
- The duffle-style bag is perfect for packing clothing/toiletries for Disney hotel stays.
- It has multiple storage compartments and can double as a stylish diaper bag.
- Available in other prints and colors, including an off-white classic Mickey Mouse friends print.
- Duffle bags may be more difficult for smaller children to carry
- This type of bag may not be the best option to carry throughout the park.
Best Bags and Backpacks for a Trip to Disney: Final Thoughts
Whether you’re looking for a simple gift bag or a spacious duffel bag, there are plenty of options available to make your Disney trip more enjoyable. Be sure to choose a bag that fits your needs and is comfortable to carry, so you can focus on having fun and making memories at your favorite Disney Park!