This guide to the best Orlando for families in Orlando covers all budgets from luxury resorts to budget friendly; resorts close to the parks; larger rooms with suites and self catering facilities; as well as places which appeal to kids with onsite play areas, waterparks, free shuttles to Disney World and Universal etc. (For alternative hotels with different budget options due to fewer onsite amenities and activities, see our guide to the best Orlando hotels for families.)
AD- Affiliate Links. This article may contain affiliate links. Please read more details and our full disclosure here.
Where To Stay in Orlando With Kids: Overview
A round up of the best resorts in Orlando for families if you are in a hurry!
- Orlando resort with best pool: Four Seasons Orlando next to Walt Disney World Resort
- Orlando resort with best water slides: Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites & Waterpark
- Orlando resort with best onsite waterpark: Grove Resort and Spa
- Orlando resort with best lazy river: JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
18 of The Best Family Resorts in Orlando, Florida
By staying at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort you not only have a lazy river with tropical plants and waterfall features, but two massive pools, and a bowling alley. The pools have a beach area with buckets and spades and a water play area plus a waterslide. Bonus: it is one of the best family resorts near Universal Studios (Orlando.)
Only a six-minute walk from Universal’s Islands of Adventure, the Cabana Bay Beach Resort has a retro 1950’s beach vibe with flat-screen TVs in the rooms. The Family Suite boasts a spacious living area, two queen beds and kitchenette with mini-fridge.
Harry Potter fans will be pleased to know by staying here you can enjoy Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ one hour before the park opens (valid theme park admission required). All these great features make it one of the best kid friendly resorts in Orlando.
Key Family Friendly Features at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
- Standard rooms have a mini fridge and coffee maker.
- Family Suites offer 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa, with a sliding privacy partition between the bedroom and living space. (One of the few Orlando hotels suitable for a family of 6) Suites also have a kitchenette with a mini refrigerator, microwave and sink.
- Two pools plus a lazy river.
- Game room and bowling
- Offers the Loews Loves Kids Program. From lending libraries of games to childproofing kits.
- Evening Kids’ Camp is for children ages 4–14. Counsellors are trained to supervise toilet-trained children ages 4–14 only. $15 per hour, per child / $15 per meal. Open from 5 PM–11:30 PM
- It’s an Orlando hotel with a lazy river and near Universal Studios
• For more information on the Cabana Bay Hotel & direct prices see the Universal Loews Website here.
• Read reviews of the Cabana Bay on TripAdvisor here.
• Compare prices for the Cabana bay on Booking.com here.
This is one of the luxury family Orlando resorts with waterslides and a lazy river. Nestled within lush greenery lies the relaxing lazy river at the Four Seasons Orlando .
Kids will also enjoy the two water slides, a splash zone, family pool, and complimentary kids’ camp. Older kids will love the video games, billiards and touch-screen tables at The Hideout.
Ideally situated right by Walt Disney World, this luxury hotel enables guests staying in Park View Rooms to see the fireworks. Guest benefits include Early Theme Park Entry(you must have valid admission)
Baby items such as a Pack n Play, Highchair and Diaper Genie can be brought up to your room. Rooms are equipped with a fridge too! All these features make it one of the best hotels for families in Orlando.
Key Family Friendly Features at Four Seasons Orlando
- Park fireworks views available
- Complimentary kids’ camp
- Hideout zone for teens
- Water slides, lazy river, splash zone and more
- Fridge in rooms
- Extra amenities available
• See reviews for the Four Seasons Orlando on Tripadvisor here
• See prices for the Four Seasons Orlando on Booking.com here
Looking for kid friendly hotels in Orlando, fl? Then this one may just meet all your requirements. The fairly new Grove Resort Orlando is fantastic and one of the Orlando resorts with a lazy river and water slides. The onsite Surfari waterpark has the all important fun lazy river and tubes, sandy beach areas, several pools, a boating lake with swan boats, modern, fully equipped apartments/condo style, an onsite restaurant, wifi.
You can choose between one, two and three bedroomed suites, which either have an ensuite or bathroom nearby. We absolutely LOVED our stay here and wouldn’t hesitate to return. (Edited to add – we have rebooked!) It is one of our favorite Orlando resorts for kids.
Key Family Friendly Features at the Grove Resort and Spa
- FlowRider Double surf simulator
- Dual water slides, a 695 foot lazy river, kids’ activities pool and zero-entry pool.
- Entry to Surfari Water Park is complimentary to registered guests of the resort.
- Fully fitted kitchen with washer/dryer
- Family fun centre with arcade games and mini golf
- Kids’ Activity center
- Free transportation to Walt Disney World® Ticket and Transportation Center (Near Magic Kingdom® Park).
• See reviews for Grove Resort on Tripadvisor reviews here
• See prices for the Grove Resort on Booking.com here
The Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal has suites for families and gatherings of all sizes, including the themed Despicable Me Kids’ Suites with themed décor and kid-size amenities. The Despicable Me Kids’ Suite has 2 twin beds, 1 king, and sleeps a family of 4. There is a mini refrigerator and coffee maker. There is a maximum occupancy of 3 adults and 5 total guests with a rollaway. The location makes it a perfect place to enjoy all the things to do in Orlando with kids and the fun onsite themes and activities make it one of the popular Orlando hotels for kids.
There are plenty of family accommodation options here, from rooms with double queen beds to Tower Suites which can sleep to 6-8 and Deluxe tower suites can sleep between 4-6. There are 3 pools in the resort with the Island suites offering more space and pool access. The hotel runs a shuttle to the parks too.
Coco key Hotel and Water Park resort, is a one of the many fun hotels for kids in Orlando. Family Rooms are two connecting Standard Rooms with 2 Beds in each room, digital safe, 55″ flat screen TV, and vanity desk in each room. The 2 connecting rooms have 2 full bedrooms with double beds or double Beds with King Bed.
The Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort sits adjacent to the Walt Disney World Resort and has one to four-bedroom suites that can sleep up to twelve guests.
The hotel is nestled within woodlands and part of the Bonnet Creek Resorts area. The resort is surrounded on each side by the Walt Disney World® Resort and is just off Epcot Drive, providing easy access to Interstate 4 and the Osceola Parkway.
If you are looking for Orlando vacation rentals with a lazy river, then you are in luck. There are several properties at this resort: timeshare/vacation ownership (can be booked similar to hotel; and a hotel type property.
Suites have full kitchens including refrigerators, washer/dryer and microwave.
Step outside to discover a mini-golf course, volleyball court and an indoor game room with a video arcade.
The resort has five swimming pools (one with a pirate ship), two lazy rivers, waterslides and interactive water fountains. There are some activities for kids including games, face painting etc. All making it a great contender for one of the best hotels for families in Orlando
Key Family Friendly Features at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort:
- Lazy river and 5 pools with pirate ship and slides
- Very close to Disney
- Indoor game room with video arcade.
- The campus is large at Bonnet Creek and includes Hilton, Wyndham and Waldorf properties so you can share facilities at these top Orlando resorts for families.
• See reviews for the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort on Tripadvisor here
• See prices on Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort on Booking.com here
As an official Walt Disney World® Hotel, B Resort & Spa allows you to enjoy exclusive benefits: Enjoy Disney FastPass+ service, Extra Magic Hours, complimentary shuttles to and from the parks as well as resort perks like family-flexible rooms and a variety of on-site dining. Rooms with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed sleep family of 5 whereas other rooms offer bunk beds. With the added benefits, the B is one of the top kid friendly resorts in Orlando.
This all-Suite Holiday Inn Resort in Orlando, Florida is located near the entrance to the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort with a complimentary, scheduled shuttle. Kids 11 and under eat free for breakfast and dinner! King Suites and one-bedrooms sleep family of 4. Two-bedroom suites sleep a family of 6. On site there is a waterpark, two pools, a 4-D Experience, Bank Heist Laser Challenge, resort entertainment and Arcade. This hotel has arguably the best slides at an on site waterpark and is one of the best Orlando hotels for kids.
This resort sits on 1,500 lush acres with a private lake, tennis courts, and a unique lagoon-style pool. Explore the pool’s swim-through cave, tee off at the Jack Nicklaus Signature designed golf course or unwind at the spa. King Rooms sleep a family of 4.
The Signia Hilton Bonnet Creek resort pool area has been named #1 by TripAdvisor’s Top 10 Fantastic Pools! The pool area caters to children of all ages, from an exciting waterslide to a zero-entry point allowing you to wade as your children play in comfortable depths.
The Recreation Team offers daily arts & crafts poolside, as well as exciting games for all families to participate. Guests are welcome to bring their own pool floats or you may purchase one at the Splash Shop. Complimentary inner tubes are available daily on a first come, first serve basis.
Standard rooms can fit two queen beds for families, or splurge on a Junior Suite for a king-size bed, sitting area with a queen-sized sofa bed, and an office nook. The great family facilities and activities make this one of the best hotels in Orlando for kids.
Enjoy 30 minutes early entry to any Theme Park as it’s one of the hotels participating!
- Putting green
- Video Arcade
- Kids’ Club (at the Waldorf)
- The campus is large at Bonnet Creek and includes Hilton, Wyndham and Waldorf properties so you can share facilities – a playground nearer the Waldorf)
- Lazy river, pools and slide
- Fridge in room
• See reviews for the Signia Hilton Bonnet Creek Orlando on TripAdvisor here
• See prices for the Signia Hilton Bonnet Creek Orlando on Booking.com here
13. Westgate Palace Resort 3*
Westgate Palace Resort is a two-bedroom villa resort in Orlando near Universal Studios™ and International Drive. Two-Bedroom Villas with a kitchen can sleep a family of 4. Deluxe two-bedroom villas sleep 6. If you are looking for a good budget resort then this is one of the best family resorts in Orlando.
14. Floridays Resort Orlando 4*
The resort’s main pool features a fun water playscape area and splash pad for kids, while the second pool offers a quieter environment with a relaxing Jacuzzi. There is a sandy beach area with beach and pool toys available at The Marketplace. Both pools remain heated at 83 degrees year round and are open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Floridays Resort is comprised of 2 and 3 bedroom suites. Two Bedroom Suites with full kitchen sleeps groups of 6. Three Bedroom sleeps 8. Every suite includes a full kitchen, dining room,
living room, washer/dryer, private balcony & more. A reasonably priced option of family suites in Orlando.
The pool is heated and set in a large open area with shade umbrellas, lounge chairs and inflatable toys. The two-and three-bedroom options feature fully equipped kitchens with modern appliances. There is plenty of space with separate living, sleeping and dining areas. Enjoy jetted tubs, free Wi-Fi and outdoor living space. The two Bedroom Family Room sleeps 4. Three Bedroomed sleeps 6.
Spacious and very reasonably priced one bedroom and two bedroom two bathroom suites sleep from 4 to 10 with complimentary breakfast included. There is a children’s pool , a playground and another heated outdoor pool and a free Shuttle to Walt Disney World®, Epcot®, Universal Studios®, & SeaWorld®
Standard Rooms which sleep a family of 4 can be found for around $80 a night + resort fee at the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel. Children 18 and under are free In room with one paying adult In existing bedding. A good budget option. There is a heated outdoor pool, two hot tubs, an onsite convenience store, laundromat, basketball court, gym, onsite restaurant and free parking. This is a good budget option for the best family hotel in Orlando.
The Avanti Resort has Wi-Fi access, a kid-friendly pool with fountains, and shuttles to Universal Orlando Resort™ and Disney Parks. There are 3 food & beverage options, beach volleyball, full arcade room, fitness center, a relaxing pool with hot tub and shuffleboard. A popular budget hotel with deluxe Queen Rooms accommodating a family of four. A good budget resort in Orlando for families.
Which are your favourite family resorts in Orlando, Florida?
- Best Orlando Hotels With Water Parks
- Best Budget Hotels in Orlando
- Best Time to Visit Orlando
- Best Hotels with Lazy Rivers in Orlando
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content:
2. JOIN our friendly Visiting Orlando With Kids Facebook Group which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do and helpful advice about your holiday or vacation to Orlando and surrounding areas – with input from members who live or visit these places regularly.
3. Share this post with your friends.
Thank you for your support as always.