Whether you are on vacation or local, there are plenty of places to see Christmas lights over this 2021 holiday season. From free viewing to pre-bookable events, read our guide to find the best holiday Christmas lights, Orlando closest to you as well as other fun festive things to do with kids!
Table of Contents - Click to View
Night of a Million Lights is a one-of-a-kind, fully immersive holiday lights spectacular scheduled to dazzle the public November 12, 2021 through January 3, 2022 at Give Kids The World Village. This Christmas lights in Orlando marvel will delight the entire family. Features include:
- A sparkling tree trail full of colorful lights.
- Visits by Santa
- Lego scenes
- Festive music and treats
- A tram storytelling ride through a storybook village
- A holiday marketplace
- Food and beverage
- A variety of unique experiences are also available, including dessert parties.
Entry times for this event will be staggered to prevent crowding wihere you can select a specific date and time of entry between 5:00 pm and 10:00 pm.
Tickets sell out fast with adults tickets from $20 and kids from $15- buy here
Give Kids The World Village: 210 South Bass Road, Kissimmee, FL 34746
November 12, 2021 – January 3, 2022
Colorful Christmas at the Crayola Experience (Florida Mall) has a plethora of fun holiday activities in Orlando, which are included in normal admission!
- Sing along at the musical light show in Café Crayola, hosted by Scarlet and her singing reindeer friends.
- Dive into a life-sized snowglobe
- Life-sized holiday animatronic characters as they share secrets about life in the North Pole!
- Create unique gifts
- A holiday Scavenger Hunt
Crayola Experience, Florida Mall 8001 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809
November 20 – January 3 2022
Downtown Celebration offers ‘Now Snowing Nightly’ with holiday lights in Orlando and experiences throughout the month including ‘snow’ falling every hour, live performances, horse drawn carriages, train rides, a synthetic ice rink, and a Santa meet and greet.
Downtown Celebration, 610 Sycamore St, Celebration, FL 34747
November 27 – Dec 31, 2021
4. Orlando Tree Lighting Celebration
On Friday, December 03, 2021 from 05:00 PM – 09:00 PM, come join the mayor and the lighting of the City of Orlando’s Christmas tree at Lake Eola Park’s Washington Plaza.
The event will include holiday performances at the Walt Disney Amphitheater, food trucks and a holiday market, and an opportunity to meet Santa until 9 p.m. at the Eola House.
Lake Eola Park’s Washington Plaza, Lake Eola Park, 195 North Rosalind Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801
Friday, December 03, 2021 | 05:00 PM – 09:00 PM
5. Dazzling Nights at Harry P. Leu Gardens
See Leu Gardens dazzling in lights, activities and more.
- A massive light maze
- An area with 185 hanging Moroccan Lanterns
- A forest of dancing light through hundreds of LED light tubes
- The Rose Garden comes to life with beautiful balls of light
Children under can enter for free. Prices are from $23.43 with parking extra. (Park at Leu Gardens for easy and immediate access for $12.43. You can park on-site with direct access to the main entrance Dazzling Nights (THERE IS NO NEIGHBORHOOD PARKING).
Guests who do not park onsite will need to park at the offsite parking location.The offsite parking location will be announced at a later date. A complimentary shuttle will transport guests from offsite parking to Leu Gardens.Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled entry time.)
Leu Gardens: 1920 N Forest Ave, Orlando
November 19, 2021 – January 9, 2022 5:30pm – 9:30pm
6. Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art (Select Days Nov 13-21st 2021)
Sparkling Traditions at the Orlando Museum of Art, is the 35th annual Festival of Trees which will transform the museum into a festive Christmas wonderland for visitors of all ages.
- Designer Christmas Trees & Wreaths
- Exceptional Gingerbread Houses
- Entertaining by Design: Table Settings & Decor
- Performances by Local Entertainers Daily
- Pop-up Holiday Vendors
- Café 101
- Buy tickets here
Orlando Museum of Art: 2416 North Mills Avenue,Orlando, FL 32803
10AM – 5PM Nov 13-21st 2021
7. Santa Workshop Experience at ICON Park
The Santa Workshop Experience at ICON Park on International Drive, is a plethora of Christmas seasonal activities. Events include:
- Free Wheel ride in private holiday capsules for all children with photo purchase
- 50% off admission offer for additional riders
- Unlimited cell phone and video use with your advance reservation
- Train ride available on Santa’s North Pole Express
- Holiday beverages and treat offerings
- 40+ restaurants, shops and attractions to explore around the park
ICON Park: 8375 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Nov. 5 – Dec. 24, 2021
Enjoy live shows throughout the festival at Starlight Stage in front of “The Beacon” including dance parties with everyone’s favorite MC, Peppermint the Penguin. There will be lots of arts and crafts for little ones and classic holiday movies at Boxi Park with costume contests, trivia, and more.
Enjoy food trucks, Santa and Mrs. Claus in their whimsical winter cottages and fun with the photo wall!
Lake Nona Town Center aka Peppermint Square:
Nov. 21, 2021 – Jan. 2, 2022
9. Space Coast LightFest Events
The Space Coast Light Fest is a community event run by the youth and volunteers of the Boy Scouts of America in the Central Florida Council. It is a family-oriented celebration featuring shimmering lights and dazzling animated displays . The 1.1 mile long park is transformed into a winter wonderland filled with hundreds-of-thousands of lights.
Lightfest is open nightly from Nov 19th thru Jan 2nd from 6:30pm to 10:00pm at Wickham Park in Melbourne, Florida. Enter off Wickham road onto Leisure Way. It is a drive through event for $20 per car, except on Dec 3, 4th and 5th when it will be walking only. – Walking Only, no cars, $5pp.
It is over a mile long, with over 3 million lights. Santa Claus is here nightly through 12/24. Proceeds benefit The Boy Scouts of America.
General Admission ticket holders may enjoy the Santa Stop, an eye-popping Christmas village and an outdoor movie at the horse stables.
See more information on their Facebook page.
- Space Coast Lightfest Stroll through the Lights
Visit the Christmas village, with over 350 houses. Other attractions include:
- Christmas Photo booth with props
- Visit with Santa Claus.
- Vendors and food trucks
There will be an interactive kids area which includes a movie, it is not included in the admission cost – it is a vendor event. As are the pony rides etc.
1) Gate will open at 4:30pm, vendors will be ready at 5pm, and the lights will come on by 6:30pm when it gets dark.
2) Enter off Wickham Road onto Leisure Way it will be one way.
3) You may walk on through the gate at Parkway but you CANNOT park on the side of Parkway Drive.
4) You must print out your receipt and bring it to exchange for wristbands. You can do this either at the main gate or at the Parkway gate.
5) This is a pet friendly event please make sure all your pets are adequately leashed and clean up after them.
6) Santa will be there at 5pm. For help with lines be aware Santa has a double, one at the stables near the Christmas Village and the main one at the vendor area.
7) The path is on the road so it is wheelchair accessible.
2. Horse & Carriage Rides at Wickham Park
Come enjoy some Christmas magic as you ride through the beautiful lights on a private carriage ride for up to 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children. With a cup of hot chocolate and cookies in hand, the sound of clip-clopping horse’s hooves and sleigh bells is sure to be a holiday experience to cherish. Who knows, it may even become a new family holiday tradition!
Rides leave on the half-our from 6:30 to 9:30. Book your ride early. Seats are Limited and cost $125 for a 4 person ticket.
Carriage space is strictly Limited to 4 Adults (Ages 12+) or 2 Adults (12+) and 3 Children (1-11 yrs). Groups and larger families will need to purchase tickets for a separate ride.
$20 of every ticket sold gets donated to the Boy Scouts of America. Buy tickets here.
Wickham Park, Melbourne
Dates: Nov 19th 2021 thru Jan 2nd 2022 from 6:30pm to 10:00pm Note: Dec 3rd, 4th & 5th, 2021 – walk thru only dates. Santa Claus is here nightly through 12/24.
10. Lake Mary City Holiday in the Park
If you have an afternoon flight into Sanford Airport for an Orlando visit on the 3rd December, why not stop at the annual Holiday in the Park lights up in nearby downtown Lake Mary with a beautiful holiday tree lighting, thousands of twinkling lights, a dancing light show, “Snow Zone” in Central Park & a visit from Santa & Mrs. Claus!
You will also enjoy the following activities:
- DJ Entertainment
- Face Painting
- Balloon Artist
- Traditional Holiday Carolers
- “Snow” Zone
- Food Vendors & MORE.
11. Gatorland’s Holiday Ho, Ho Ho-Down
Gatorland: 14501 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, Florida 32837
12. Home of David Nubar & Frank Boyce
With thousands and thousand of lights in this private residence belonging to David Nubar and Frank Boyce visitors are drawn to admire them for miles around. Last year, lights were set up to represent everyone who has lost their life due to Covid.
2811 Clemwood St. Orlando FL 32803
Dates: 6-9pm Dates TBC
The Lights on Jeater Bend are 11 homes decorated for Halloween and Christmas. The lights are synchronized to music, projection, water, and fire. Donations are given to charity.
Jeater Bend Drive, Celebration, Florida 34747
14. The Fye’s Crazy Christmas House
The Fye’s Crazy Christmas House is a private residence which has about 60,000 lights, a music light show, a life size Nativity, North Pole Village and a sleigh to sit and take pictures in!
407 Eagle Circle, Casselberry, Florida 32707
The Jolly Creek/ Boggy Creek Festival was started in 2020 by furloughed Disney and Universal entertainers. Whilst it’s not confirmed for 2021 (watch this space!) last year featured a family friendly outdoor festival with live music, thousands of dazzling Christmas Lights, scavenger hunt, Christmas crafts, artificial snowfall, and Santa Claus. Last year the the Society Orchestra (previously at the Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort for 32 years!) played Christmas classics every hour for 20 minutes. Sadly not there for 2021 but we hope they are back!
Jolly Creek/ Boggy Airboat Adventures: 2001 E SOuthport Road, Kissimmee, FL 34746
16. Head to Towards Tampa For Shimmering Lights
4th annual Shimmering Lights Christmas light show opens on November 26 SunKissed Acres in Dover, FL. This is a self-guided walking trail through dancing lights to music, outdoor movies, crafts, and games! Santa will be on hand for pictures and wishes.
When you need a break, be sure to stop at the Holiday Village for light refreshments, watch a seasonal movie on the big screen, play some games or take pictures at our photo spot.
One-way wide walking trails practice social distancing the natural way.
• ¼ mile walking trail to walk as many times as you like
• Hundreds of seasonal lighted displays
• Outdoor movies
• Maze of lights
• Scavenger hunt
• Corn Hole Games
• Duck/boat races
• Seasonal crafts
Closed on rainy days or after big storms.
Ticket cost $7 Tickets are required 3 years and up. Children age 2 and under are not required to purchase a ticket
2302 N. Dover Road, Dover, FL 33527
Opens November 26th, 2021
- Hours: 6:30-9:30 pm on Sundays and Open Weeknights
6:30-10:30 on Fridays & Saturdays
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our VISITING ORLANDO WITH KIDS FACEBOOK GROUP here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit in and around Orlando.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.