Planning a family getaway to Marco Island, Florida? You’ve struck gold with Olde Marco Inn & Suites! Offering a plethora of water activities, enticing shopping spots, and an immersion into local culture, this place is set to make your family vacation a dream come true.
While it’s not directly on the beach, it’s just a quick hop away from the sandy shores, providing a relaxed retreat. Now, let’s dig deeper and explore what makes Olde Marco Inn & Suites stand out as one of the top stays on the island.
About Olde Marco Inn and Suites
Table of Contents - Click to View
Olde Marco Inn and Suites, a charming Victorian-style inn nestled in the heart of Marco Island, seamlessly combines the nostalgic essence of “old Florida”, but with all the modern perks you’d want.
Let it be known, that this place is everyone’s favorite for a reason! First off, it’s located on the tranquil north end of Marco Island away from all the hustle.
Whether you’re here for a family adventure, a romantic getaway, or a fun-filled trip with friends, the comfortable rooms, variety of amenities, and location guarantee that personalized experience everyone wants.
Surrounded by lush gardens, a welcoming outdoor pool, and a soothing hot tub, Olde Marco Inn and Suites always gets it right. But what makes this inn truly remarkable has to be its versatility.
No matter the nature of your travels, this inn welcomes all types of travelers.
Amenities for Families at Olde Marco Inn and Suites
Step outside to your private screened lanai, a relaxing spot to chill, enjoy the Florida breeze, and have your morning coffee. Plus, there’s an outdoor pool in the middle of the resort for the little ones to play in. And there’s a shallow end, so it’s safe for them.
Here’s a handy tip for families with little ones: you can request one of their Pack-and-Play units. These portable cribs are perfect for your littles to sleep in, saving you the hassle of lugging around bulky baby gear.
And there’s more fun stuff nearby! Even though the resort isn’t on the beach, it’s really close by. That means you can easily enjoy things like boating and fishing with the family.
Don’t miss Tigertail Beach or South Marco Island Beach. These are the places where the family fun happens!
Things to Do at Olde Marco Inn and Suites with Kids
At Olde Marco Inn, they know how to keep kids happy. Start the fun at the outdoor swimming pool, a hit with the kids while parents relax in the hot tub.
Take a leisurely stroll through the well-kept gardens for a peaceful break. And when hunger strikes, head to Bistro Soleil, the on-site restaurant, offering tasty French and seafood dishes.
But wait, the fun doesn’t stop at the resort! Tigertail Beach next door is perfect for kayaking, paddleboarding, and collecting shells. And for a seafood treat, swing by The Snook Inn, just a short walk from the beach.
Nature lovers shouldn’t miss Briggs Nature Center nearby, which offers wildlife encounters and great bird-watching spots. Shopaholics will love exploring Old Marco Village with its unique boutiques and shops.
Explore local history and culture at the Marco Island Historical Museum, and for some outdoor relaxation, hit up the Island Country Club’s fantastic golf courses. It’s a blend of relaxation, energy, and fun!
Getting to Olde Marco Inn and Suites
For those flying in, the closest major airport is Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), about 54 miles away. Renting a car might be a bit pricey, but it’s worth it for the flexibility to explore the island on your schedule.
From the airport, head onto Terminal Access Rd and merge onto I-75 South towards Naples. After about 35 miles, take exit 101 for County Rd 951, which leads you to Marco Island.
This road turns into Collier Blvd as you get closer to the island. Just stay on this road until you hit Olde Marco Way. Take a right, and there you have it—welcome to Olde Marco Inn & Suites! They offer complimentary parking, making your arrival stress-free.
If you’re arriving by boat, Marco Island has marina facilities and docking options right next to Olde Marco Inn & Suites. Dock your boat conveniently, check-in, and unwind in your suite while keeping your boat close by for more exploration.
Once you’re settled in, you’ll find Olde Marco Inn & Suites close to attractions, dining, and entertainment. Feel free to explore the island on foot, grab a bicycle, ride with Lyft, or even rent a golf cart for a unique island adventure!
Where to Stay at Olde Marco Inn and Suites
Selecting the perfect room at Olde Marco Inn & Suites largely hinges on your family’s specific requirements. For those traveling with young children, the Classic Two-Bedroom Suites are cozy and located close to the pool and Bistro Soleil.
These suites are great if you’re a solo traveler as well. For bigger families with infants or toddlers, the Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suites offers a quieter setting with proximity to local shops and restaurants, making family outings effortless.
Guests seeking accessibility can book the Classic (ADA) Suites thoughtfully designed for easy access to all resort facilities. If you’re all about scenic views, the Classic Water View Suites should be your top pick.
Families with water-loving teenagers will find the Deluxe Water View Suites near the marina to be the ideal choice. And for those looking to indulge, the Penthouse Suites offer luxury and breathtaking views. These are best for larger families with kids, teens, and adults.
Dining at Olde Marco Inn and Suites
When hunger strikes at Olde Marco Inn & Suites, head to Bistro Soleil, their in-house restaurant. There’s something for everyone: adults can dive into French delights and seafood, while the little ones can munch on familiar favorites like chicken tenders, mac and cheese, or mini burgers. And don’t miss their breakfast spread – from waffles and croissants to custom omelets and fresh fruit.
If you’re craving more flavors, you’re in luck! Nearby spots like “Mangos Dockside Bistro” offer fantastic seafood with a view, while “Marco Prime Steaks & Seafood” serves up delicious Italian dishes. For a taste of France, “Petit Soleil” is your spot.
For a quick snack, the cafes around have some delightful treats. “Ooh La La Bakery” has tasty croissants and lattes, and “Doreen’s Cup of Joe” serves up delicious sandwiches and brewed coffee.
Tips for Staying at Olde Marco Inn and Suites with Kids
- Pack Pool Essentials: Don’t forget your pool must-haves! With Florida’s sunny weather, you’re bound to want to clock in some serious pool time. Grab that sunscreen to keep everyone sun-safe, and toss in some pool toys and floaties for the kids to amp up the fun
- Explore the Collection at Olde Marco: Your stay wouldn’t be complete without visiting the “Collection at Olde Marco” right within the resort. Whether you’re up for some easy window shopping or looking to snag unique souvenirs to take back, it’s the perfect spot for a memorable family evening out
- Family Bike Rentals: Grab some family bike rentals to cruise around the nearby attractions. With Marco Island’s laid-back vibe and bike-friendly lanes, it’s a safe and enjoyable experience for riders of all ages.
- Water Activities: You know what staying on an island means – tons of water adventures! Plan a family outing to soak in the beauty of the Gulf of Mexico or try your hand at fishing with the kids. It’s your call! Many charter companies offer family-friendly fishing trips designed for beginners, making it a great opportunity to introduce your children to the joys of fishing.
- Publix Grocery Delivery: In Florida, Publix is the go-to for groceries and their famous sub sandwiches. Olde Marco Inn & Suites offers Publix grocery delivery, ensuring you can have a fully stocked fridge upon arrival. Just let the front desk know in advance to set up this handy service.
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our VISITING ORLANDO WITH KIDS FACEBOOK GROUP here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit in and around Orlando.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.