Right at the center of all the Walt Disney World magic, you’ll find the Swan – your perfect launchpad for an amazing family adventure. Our family have stayed at this family resort and at its sister hotel the Dolphin hotel next door. (See our Dolphin review here.) We cover all you need to know about the Walt Disney World Swan hotel for families.
Amenities for Families at Walt Disney World Swan
Table of Contents - Click to View
The Walt Disney World Swan is a family paradise at the heart of Walt Disney World Resort, very close to Epcot, offering a wide array of amenities to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
Traveling with babies? No worries. You’ll find convenient baby changing stations in all public restrooms, and if you need it, in-room cribs can be arranged for a peaceful night’s sleep.
Resort benefits include early entry/extended park hours on selected days and complimentary parking at Walt Disney World theme parks.
For families with kids and teens, the resort boasts five outdoor pools, including the captivating Grotto pool. This tropical oasis features waterfalls, rock caves, a water slide, and a separate kiddie pool.
If you prefer a more laid-back experience, head to the spring pool, while those who enjoy staying active can make use of the lap pools.
Parents looking for some tranquility can escape to the Mandara Spa, which offers a variety of treatments, from massages to facials, providing them with a perfect opportunity to unwind while their children are immersed in the enchantment of Disney.
Not to be missed is the resort’s beautiful white sand beach, complementing its modern guest rooms equipped with complimentary WiFi and flat-screen TVs. Watercraft rentals, four hot tubs, and two well-appointed health clubs complete the experience.
Things to Do at Walt Disney World Swan with Kids
The Walt Disney World Swan is a haven for families, offering engaging activities for kids of all ages. Character meet and greets at the resort make are sadly still suspended but is featured only at breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays.
Teenagers have their exciting options, including outdoor movie nights, campfires, and scavenger hunts hosted by the resort. The playground near the grotto pool provides a fun space for kids to climb, slide, and play.
For those who want to enjoy the surroundings and stay active, picturesque jogging trails around Crescent Lake offer approximately 0.8 miles of scenic running and complimentary swan pedal boats.
Guests at the Walt Disney World Swan can also enjoy a game of miniature golf at the Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf course, inspired by Disney’s film “Fantasia.” This attraction features 36 unique holes, suitable for both kids and adults.
Parents can have some relaxation time with the supervised Kids’ Club. It caters to kids of all ages, offering activities from arts and crafts to themed adventures.
Where to Stay at Walt Disney World Swan
- Traditional Rooms: When you’re traveling with the little ones, the Traditional Rooms are a perfect fit. You can choose between a cozy king-sized bed with a sleeper sofa or two comfy queen-sized beds. It’s the go-to choice for families with kids, offering just the right mix of comfort and convenience.
- Deluxe Rooms: Now, if you’re in the mood for a little extra luxury during your family getaway, the Deluxe Rooms are calling your name. You can pick a spacious king-sized bed or two queen-sized beds, and here’s the bonus – some of these come with your very own private balcony.
- Family Rooms: Sometimes you need a bit more space to spread out, especially with a larger family. That’s where the L-shaped Family Rooms step in. They’re perfect for relaxed family gatherings or giving your kids some extra play space.
- Suites and Connecting Rooms: Now, for those families with infants or lots of baby gear, the suites and connecting rooms are a game-changer. You’ll have all the room you need for strollers and baby supplies, making it super convenient for parents to stay organized and stress-free.
Dining at the Walt Disney World Swan
Don’t miss Garden Grove for a delightful character dining experience. They’ve got a buffet filled with family-friendly favorites like chicken tenders and mac ‘n’ cheese. And the dessert selection? It’s a real treat for everyone.
If you’re craving authentic Italian cuisine, Il Mulino is the place to be. Their pasta dishes are mouthwatering, from the classic Penne alla Vodka to the rich Linguine with Clam Sauce. And for a sweet ending, you can’t go wrong with the Tiramisu.
At Kimonos, it’s all about delicious sushi rolls. Whether you choose the Spider Roll with soft-shell crab or the Dragon Roll with eel and avocado, you’re in for a treat. Plus, you get to watch talented hibachi chefs prepare your meal right before your eyes.
Looking for a quick breakfast or a morning pick-me-up? Java Bar is perfect. Pair your freshly brewed cappuccino or latte with a flaky pastry or a breakfast sandwich.
And by the pool, Splash Pool Bar & Grill serves up tasty options. Give the juicy Classic Cheeseburger a try or savor a flavorful Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad. Kids even have their own special menu with treats like Mini Corn Dogs. Enjoy!
Getting to the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
When it comes to reaching the Walt Disney World Swan, there are multiple transportation options available.
Families arriving by car will find the resort easily accessible via the road. If you’re flying into Orlando International Airport (MCO), the most convenient gateway to the magic of Disney, you can embark on a straightforward journey.
From the airport, you’ll head west on Jeff Fuqua Blvd, then take FL-417 North and I-4 West to Epcot Center Drive/FL-536 West. This route is ideal for those who prefer to have their vehicle during their stay and desire a road trip experience.
For families traveling long distances or from overseas, flying into Orlando International Airport (MCO) is a suitable choice. This airport is strategically located in proximity to Walt Disney World Resort, making it a prime entry point for air travelers. The drive takes around 30 minutes.
Shuttle services provide shared transportation to and from Orlando International Airport, which can be a cost-effective choice, especially if you don’t plan to rent a car. It’s advisable to book your shuttle service in advance to ensure a hassle-free journey.
Another modern option for airport arrivals is ride-sharing services. Uber and Lyft operate in the Orlando area, offering private and customizable transportation that can cater to your family’s specific needs and preferences.
If flexibility and convenience are priorities, rental cars are easily accessible at Orlando International Airport. This option is perfect for those who want to explore the surrounding areas or need the autonomy of their vehicle during their Disney visit.
Access to the Disney Theme Parks
Once you’ve arrived at the Walt Disney World Swan, you’ll find the resort offers a range of Disney transportation options. Boats provide a scenic and relaxed way to reach Epcot and Hollywood Studios with minimal wait times.
Complimentary bus services efficiently connect you to Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, and Magic Kingdom, ensuring that you can navigate the magic of Disney without any transportation-related worries.
Additionally, the resort is served by Disney’s Minnie Van Service, offering premium, direct transportation for those who seek added convenience and comfort in their Disney journey.
These transportation choices aim to provide a stress-free and enjoyable experience for families visiting the Walt Disney World Swan.
Tips for Staying at Walt Disney World Swan with Kids
- Babysitting Services: Babysitting services can provide parents with some adult time during their stay.
- Karaoke and Sushi Nights: Unwind with some family fun at Kimonos, where you can enjoy karaoke and savor delicious sushi. The entertainment starts at 9 p.m. and promises a fantastic evening for everyone.
- Signature Swan Brew: Don’t miss the chance to taste the Swan’s very own beer, Phins and Feathers. This exclusive brew offers a unique and delightful flavor, making it a must-try during your stay.
- Celebrate in Style: When you’re celebrating a special occasion during your Swan visit, remember to request celebration buttons at check-in. These buttons add a touch of magic to your stay, making it even more unforgettable. I was given a birthday one!
- Enchanting Light Show: Don’t miss the mesmerizing light show between the Swan and Dolphin resorts, where colored lights dance in harmony with the music, perfect for family enjoyment.
Comparison of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
The Swan offers double-bed rooms with two queen beds, perfect for up to four guests, ensuring a cozy night’s sleep. On the other hand, the Dolphin provides rooms with full-size mattresses and a rollaway accommodating up to five people. (four adults and one child)
So, if you’ve got two kids and you prefer those double queen beds, Swan’s the place for you. But for families with three kids, Dolphin could be your choice.
It’s worth noting that some guests tend to favor Swan due to the comfier double queen beds, while others might find the full mattresses in the Dolphin less appealing. It’s all about what suits your group best!
Both are located near Disney’s Boardwalk. The Swan is strategically positioned, giving you swift access to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios within a 15-20 minute walk. Ideal for frequent park visitors.
On the other hand, the Dolphin, while also conveniently located between Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, requires a slightly longer walk to reach the park entrances. The Dolphin provides great access to these parks as well. The distance between them is less than a minutes walk.
Both resorts offer excellent access to the magical Disney realm, but the Swan has a slight edge in proximity to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Both the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin offer excellent dining options. The Dolphin boasts a wide variety of restaurants, including Shula’s Steak House, Todd English’s Bluezoo, and Picabu.
On the other hand, the Swan features five fantastic restaurants of its own. The close proximity of these sister resorts allows guests to explore dining choices at both locations easily.
Additionally, their connection to the Disney BoardWalk expands the culinary possibilities for visitors.
The Dolphin is often seen as the more budget-friendly choice, frequently providing economical rates, particularly in the off-season. On the other hand, the Swan falls into the mid-range category, striking a balance between cost and amenities.
It’s important to note that while the Dolphin may be more budget-friendly and suitable for families seeking a livelier atmosphere, the Swan offers a more laid-back and luxurious ambiance, making it a perfect choice for families looking for an upscale experience with a touch of tranquility during their Disney adventure.
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our VISITING ORLANDO WITH KIDS FACEBOOK GROUP here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit in and around Orlando.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.