If you are staying onsite at Universal, one of the perks are the free buses, water taxis or walking paths to get access to Universal or Volcano Bay. You’ll enjoy Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Universal’s Volcano Bay up to one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required).
However, if your budget doesn’t stretch that far, many off site accommodations offer shuttles to Disney and Universal too. Check out our guide to family hotels with shuttles to Universal Studios Orlando which includes budget friendly to luxury accommodation to suit all purses. Don’t forget to check out these family hotels with 2 bedroom suites which are close to Universal too!
AD- Affiliate Links. This article may contain affiliate links. Please read more details and our full disclosure here.
16 Orlando Family Hotels With Shuttles To Universal and Disney
1. Avanti Resort 3*
Location: 8738 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
Overview: Located on the I-Drive and only a 9 minute walk from the ICON wheel, the Avanti Resort offers resort-wide Wi-Fi access, an outdoor pool bar, and an oversized pool and recreation area. The Universal Partner Hotel also has an arcade-style game room with popular games like air hockey and Guitar Hero. Learn more about the Avanti here.
Shuttles to Universal depart from the Avanti International daily.
- Departures to Universal Orlando™ is at 7:30am, 9:05am, and 11:00am daily.
- Returns from Universal Orlando™ are at 5:00pm, 6:25pm, and 8:00pm from the transportation hub at Route D.
Additional hotel with shuttle to Universal Studios Orlando Information
- Please arrive 10 minutes before departure time.
- Reservations will be required for your departure from the hotel and your return, in order to ride the shuttle.
- All reservations must be made at least 1 hour prior to scheduled departure.
- A voucher from the concierge desk is REQUIRED in order to board the shuttle.
- The hotel will not reimburse guests who elect to return to the hotel via alternate transportation.
- ADA reservations must be booked 48 hours in advance before the desired departure date at the concierge desk.
- No food or drinks allowed on shuttles.
2. Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista 3*
Location: 8442 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32836, United States
Family-friendly activities/amenities: Enjoy the two seasonally heated swimming pools, a 24-hour video arcade game room, and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Kids will enjoy playing in Ozzie’s Splash Zone and the outdoor playground. Learn more about the Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista here.
Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista is located less than 2 miles from the world-famous attractions at the Walt Disney World® theme parks and offer free, shuttles to Universal Orlando Resort, Disney World and SeaWorld®.
- Platinum Transportation Inc does NOT provide complimentary transportation to or from Disney® Special events such as “Not so scary Halloween”®, “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party”®, etc.
- Groups of 10 or more MAY NOT use the shuttle. Please consult Platinum Transportation Inc for alternative options.
- Shuttle departs promptly at scheduled time. Please be at the bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to the departure time, as the driver does not announce the departures at the lobby or any area of the hotel.
- Shuttle operates on the first come first serve basis. Seats are limited. Standing room may be available.
- Smoking, food and drinks are prohibited at all times.
- Luggage, over-sized strollers, mobility and recreational scooters, and other large items are not allowed on the shuttle.
3. Homewood Suites by Hilton International Drive 3*
Location: 8745 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
Overview: On the popular i-drive, Homewood Suites is in a central location. Within walking distance, there are plenty of restaurants, shops, water parks and other touristy attractions. There is an onsite pool and rooms have suite options with full kitchens etc. Homewood Suites is another Orlando hotel shuttle to Disney and Universal. Learn more about Homewood Suites here
Homewood Suites offers a free hotel shuttle to Universal Studios, Disney World and SeaWorld
- Please allow ample time to walk out of the parks and to the correct pick up space so you don’t miss your shuttle back to your hotel.
- Shuttles may be delayed due to traffic or weather conditions.
- No food, drinks, smoking, pets or luggage allowed on the shuttles
- PLEASE NOTE: It is your responsibility to make sure you locate your return shuttle at the referenced parking areas.
- Please direct all calls to (407) 467-1132 for questions regarding theme park shuttle pick up
- Shuttles must be reserved 24 hours prior for special assistance
4. Liki Tiki Village by Diamond Resorts 3*
Location: 17777 Bali Blvd, Winter Garden, FL 34787, United States
Overview: The resort had one and two-bedroom units and has lots of time share visitors but has plenty of accommodation for others too. Onsite activities include a waterpark, two pools, mini-golf, tennis, basketball and a lake with paddle-boats to go exploring.
Family-friendly activities/amenities: The resort has a Game Room where kids will be entertained with arcade favorites including: H2O: Overdrive Driving Game, Lord of the Rings Pinball, Power Play Air Hockey, and more! The Game Room is token operated. The token machine is available on-site. Learn more about Liki Tiki here.
Liki Tiki village is another of the hotels that offer shuttles to Universal Studios. Note only single umbrella-style strollers are allowed on the shuttle.
Shuttle departs hotel at:
7:05 a.m. SEA WORLD®
7:05 a.m. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS®
9:25 a.m. DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM®
11:20 a.m. EPCOT®
Return Shuttle departs theme parks at:
6:00 p.m. SEA WORLD® (GREEN CANOPY)
6:20 p.m. EPCOT® (LANE 33)
8:00 p.m. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS® (LANE 84)
10:35 p.m. EPCOT® (LANE 33)
Follow us on @VisitOrlandoWithKids on Instagram and TikTok for exclusive content
5. Ramada Plaza by Wyndham 3*
Location: 6500 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
Overview: A lakefront Orlando hotel featuring free WiFi, Continental breakfast, and an outdoor heated pool are available. Learn more about the Ramada Plaza Orlando here.
The Ramada Plaza is one of several Orlando hotels with a shuttle to Universal, Disney and more. Shuttles depart from Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites (lobby area by front desk):
Walt Disney World/Epcot (With connecting Disney transport to: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and all other attractions) – 7:20am, 10:15am, 12:35pm
Universal Studios – 9:25am
SeaWorld (you may walk to Discovery Cove and Aquatica) – 9:25am
Shuttle Time Returns to Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites:
Walt Disney World Resort/Epcot – 6:00pm, 9:10pm, 10:10pm (Lane #45)
Universal Studios – 7:10pm (Lane #73)
SeaWorld – 6:20pm (By Green Canopy)
- Please be at pick up location 10 minutes prior to boarding time
- Shuttle times are subject to change due to traffic, weather conditions and local/state inspections that may occasionally cause shuttle delay to run 20 to 25 minutes
- Your Resort/Hotel and/or Metro Shuttle will not provide reimbursement for alternative taxi or limousine service due to missed shuttles. Groups of 13 or more may not use the courtesy shuttle, please call for a private charter.
- Handicap services must be scheduled 24 hours in advance, motorized scooters and foldable wheel-chairs are NOT eligible for wheel-chair accessible vehicle. Copy of handicap health card will be required for scheduling a wheel-chair accessible vehicle.
- Seats are on a first come first service basis as shuttle buses are equipped to take standing riders, shuttle buses make multiple stops to and from theme parks.
- There is NO smoking, eating, drinking, or luggage permitted on the shuttle.
- Times and schedule subject to change without notice.
6. The Point Hotel and Suites 3*
Location: 7389 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
Overview: Although there is little on site for kids bar the swimming pool with complimentary use of water toys, the hotel offers good sized rooms with the smallest boasting a microwave and mini-refrigerator and the largest sleeping up to 8 with a full kitchen, making it a great hotel for larger families or groups in Orlando. Learn more about the Point Hotel and Suites.
Shuttles to Universal Resort Walt Disney World® depart from the porte-cochère at The Point daily.
Boarding passes are required. Concierge Desk on the Lobby Level is open daily 7am – 2pm. Please stand outside of the front lobby at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.
Universal departure and arrival times:
- Departures to Universal Orlando™ from The Point is at 8:10am, 9:50am. and 11:50am daily.
- Returns from Universal Orlando™ are at 5:00pm, 6:25pm, and 8:00pm from the transportation hub at Route D.
Additional Shuttle Information:
- Shuttle times are subject to capacity, traffic and weather conditions and may occasionally run late.
- Be at designated area 10 minutes prior to departure.
- Please note that capacity is limited, and services are provided on a first come, first served basis.
- Your Resort and/or Maingate Transportation will not provide reimbursement for transportation service due to missed shuttles.
- Groups of 10 or more MAY NOT use the courtesy shuttle.
- There is NO smoking, eating, drinking, strollers or luggage permitted on the shuttle.
- For riders with disabilities and wheelchairs, please call for a reservation at least two (2) hours prior to boarding.
- Maximum capacity is two (2) wheelchairs/scooters per pick up per bus.
7. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
Location: 9500 Turkey Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
Family-friendly activities/amenities: Barbecue grills, Basketball/Tennis/Volleyball courts, Bicycle rides/ hours: 9am to 6pm, Kayaks, Mission Control Game Room, Paddle boats/ hours: 9am-6pm, Picnic areas, Pirate’s miniature golf course, Playgrounds, Pontoon boats, Shuffle boards and a brand new onsite hotel water park. Westgate have a couple of hotels with shuttles to Universal studios. Learn more about Westgate Lakes here.
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa offer complimentary scheduled Shuttle service to Universal and Walt Disney World. For universal there are normally two departure times, and one return time. Be sure to sign up for the scheduled service at the Front Desk upon check in.
8. Grande Villas Resort by Diamond Resorts
Location: 12118 Turtle Cay Cir, Orlando, FL 32836, United States
The kids can enjoy the children’s pool and water volcanos at the sister property, Cypress Pointe. Learn more about Grande Villa Resort here.
Grande Villas Resort guests are welcome to ride shuttles departing from the neighboring sister property, Cypress Pointe Resort. Shuttles run to and from Universal Studios, Disney, and SeaWorld. Contact their friendly staff at Cypress Pointe Resort (407) 597-2700 for shuttle schedule.
9. Cypress Pointe Resort 3*
Location: 8651 Treasure Cay Ln, Orlando, FL 32836, United States
Family-friendly activities/amenities: With every convenience to make for the perfect home away from home, you’ll enjoy your stay in a tropical, yet cozy studio or one of the spacious suites, available in two- and three-bedroom adjoining configurations. Amenities include a volcano pool with a waterslide, fitness center, activity center, and playground. Learn more about Cypress Pointe Resort here.
Cypress Pointe Resort offers courtesy shuttle services to our guests! Shuttles run to and from Universal Studios, Disney, and SeaWorld. Contact their friendly staff at the Front Desk (407) 597-2700 for shuttle schedule.
10. Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort
Location: 8100 Lake St, Orlando, FL 32836, United States
Family-friendly activities/amenities: This hotel is built for family friendly fun with tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools, basketball and volleyball courts, putting green, and fire pits. Relax at the spa or the complimentary evening reception held nightly. Learn more about the Embassy Suites here.
Shuttle Details to Universal and Disney:
- Reservations and vouchers are required.
- Please visit the concierge 24 hours prior to shuttle departure.
- Seating is first come, first serve.
Complimentary Departures to Walt Disney World Resort:
7:10 AM Magic Kingdom
8:00 AM Magic Kingdom
8:50 AM Magic Kingdom
10:20 AM Magic Kingdom
12:30 PM EPCOT
Returns from Walt Disney World Resort:
4:30 PM Hollywood Studios – Lane 67
5:20 PM Magic Kingdom – Lane 6
9:05 PM EPCOT – Lane 33
10:05 PM EPCOT – Lane 33
11:30 PM Magic Kingdom – Lane 6
Departures to other attractions. $5 per person, roundtrip:
7:20 AM Universal Studios
9:50 AM Universal Studios
9:50 AM SeaWorld
Return Shuttles from other attractions:
6:20 PM SeaWorld- under green canopy
6:50 PM Universal Studios – Lane 84
11. Holiday Inn & Suites Orlando SW – Celebration Area
Location: 5711 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, Florida 34746 United States
Overview: This family-friendly hotel offers outdoor pool, children’s pool plus an indoor pool. Other on site children’s activities are available, including a playground and video game room. The guestrooms and suites include a mini-fridge, coffee maker and a bath in the bathroom. Suites have a small kitchenette. Learn more about the Holiday Inn and Suites here.
Departs 11:45 and Return to hotel from Universal Studios (Bus Lane #73) at 18:30
12. Rosen Shingle Creek
Location: 9939 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL, 33819, US
Overview: The facilities include four seasonally heated pools, including a kids’ pool nature trails and volleyball. A video arcade is a great spot for teens to hang out. A firm favorite will be the onsite ice creamery! Learn more about the Rosen Shingle Creek here.
Rosen Shingle Creek offers free shuttles that go to Universal & Seaworld and a paid shuttle service to Disney.
13. Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Location: 126-200 Summer Bay Blvd, Clermont, FL 34714, United States
Family-friendly activities/amenities: Amenities include outdoor pools, a cinema, game rooms and a gym, plus basketball, volleyball, tennis and shuffleboard courts. A theme park, a water park, mini-golf, and water sports on the lake are offered (fee). Dining options consist of a poolside eatery, a tiki bar, an Italian restaurant and a cafe. Minimum-stay rules may apply. Learn more the Summer Bay Orlando here.
The Summer Bay Resort Orlando Shuttle Service can get you to and from Universal and any of the Disney World Theme Parks without any additional expense. The times might change during the year, be sure to check with the front desk to get the latest Shuttle Schedule.
Additional Shuttle Information:
- Be sure to check with the Guest Services at the Front Desk of Summer Bay Resorts Orlando to get the most up to date Shuttle Schedule.
- Be at the Bus Stop at least 10 minutes prior to departure time
- Shuttle Service is provided on a First Come First Serve Basis – Seats are limited so reserve yours early
- Groups of 10 or more are not able to use the Shuttle Service
- No Smoking
- No Food or Drink
- Must present Room Key to the Driver when boarding
14. Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Location: 1 Grand Cypress Blvd, Orlando, FL 32836, United States
Family-friendly activities/amenities: Hotel has a lagoon pool with 12 waterfalls which is open 7PM to 10PM. Additional outdoor activities include: Water sports: canoe, sailboat, paddleboat, hydrobike and kayak Bikes for both adults and children 8-hole Pitch and Putt 5-hole Mini-Golf Water Slide – minimum height 44” 24 hour health club featuring Peloton bikes – limited machines available due to social distancing. Splash Pad Poolside Cabanas (available for rental) Fishing at Lake Windsong (poles available for rent at the towel hut) 12 Tennis courts – first come, first serve basis. Racquets and balls available Basketball court Beach volleyball 1 mile and 3 mile walking/jogging trail Arcade room Fire Pit – lit daily at dusk (weather permitting). Learn more about the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress here. The Hyatt has a shuttle to Disney Springs and Disney too.
Shuttle Details for Universal:
- Departs Hotel: 9:20am, 11:20am
- Departs Universal Studios: 6:50pm, 8:50pm
15. Comfort Inn Maingate
Location: 7675 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747, United States
Overview: The newly renovated Comfort Inn Maingate in Kissimmee, FL offers free transportation to Universal, Walt Disney World® and SeaWorld® Orlando. With tropical gardens and a tranquil pool, it’s a good option for a relaxing day poolside. Rooms all have TV with cable and 62 channels including HBO and Disney Channels, coffee maker, fridge and microwave, iron and board, and hairdryer. Standard Suites have 1 king-size bed or 2 queen-size beds and a sleeper sofa, sleeping maximum 6 adults or 2 adults and 4 children.
Family-friendly activities/amenities: Free deluxe continental breakfast daily (Including scrambled eggs, sausages, hot, freshly made, waffles, and much more); Pool; Complimentary wireless Internet access. Learn more about the Comfort Inn Maingate here.
Includes scheduled transportation to Disney Theme Parks, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall daily.
Universal shuttle departs hotel 07:05 Returns at 20:30 Universal Studios (Lane 84)
16. Grove Resort Orlando
Location: The Grove Resort & Water Park Orlando, 14501 Grove Resort Avenue, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Looking for kid friendly hotels in Orlando, fl? Then this one may just meet all your requirements. The Grove Resort Orlando is fantastic and one of the Orlando resorts with a lazy river and water slides. The onsite Surfari waterpark is free to hotel guests and has the all important fun lazy river and tubes, sandy beach areas, several pools, a boating lake with swan boats, modern, fully equipped apartments/condo style, an onsite restaurant, wifi.
You can choose between one, two and three bedroomed suites, which either have an ensuite or bathroom nearby. We enjoyed our our stay here but would recommend staying in a block near the swimming pools as the one furthest away can be a but far with younger children. We have stayed twice and once was the perfect block and second was far away near the reception entrance. It is one of our favorite Orlando resorts for kids.
Departure Times from The Grove Resort
- 7:00 am to Animal Kingdom®
- 8:50 am to Walt Disney World® Transportation and Ticket Center (Near Magic Kingdom® Park)
- 10:45 am to Disney’s Hollywood Studios® & EPCOT®
- 7:35 am to Universal Orlando
- 7:35 am to SeaWorld
- 6:30 pm from Animal Kingdom® – Pick-up from Charter Bus Lot by Green Canopy
- 8:55 pm from Disney’s Hollywood Studios® Transportation Center – Lane #73
- 9:05 pm from Walt Disney World® Transportation and Ticket Center (Near Magic Kingdom® Park) – Charter Bus Lot, Lane #16
- 10:10 pm from EPCOT® Transportation Center – Lane #45
- 7:40 pm from Universal Orlando – Pick-up from Transportation Hub, Lane #73
- 7:30 pm from SeaWorld – Green Canopy
Reservations are required and must be made up to 48 hours in advance. For reservations, please visit the Concierge Desk on the Lobby Level or contact at 407-545-7500 ext.1508.
Shuttle pickup is outside the Main Lobby next to the Building Garage 1 at the Bus Stop.
Which of these hotels in Orlando near Universal Studios with shuttles do you recommend for families?