There are several different types of souvenir wands at Universal, both Hollywood and Florida Universal Orlando Resort. The most popular ‘magic’ wands are the interactive wands which currently cost $63 + tax. However, there is also a selection of limited addition interactive wands which cost $75 + tax. Read on on to find about more about these and the other types of Harry Potter wands at Universal.
For a full, detailed guide about Harry Potter wands at Universal see here. which covers the spells, spell locations and wizard tips!
‘Magic’ Interactive Wands- $63 + tax
Table of Contents - Click to View
Interactive wands are made of resin and come as replica character wands from the Wizarding World fantasy franchise, including the Fantastic Beasts movies. There is also the option of interactive Birthday Wands AKA Wands From the Wand Choosing Ceremony at Ollivanders. All interactive wands come with a spell map of Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade and make perfect souvenirs.
The 13 types of “unclaimed” wands or non character wands, are based on the Celtic tree calendar that Rowling used when deciding on wood types for each character.
The various wood types represent different attributes like birth date. For instance, if you were born between Jan 21 and Feb 17, you might be an imaginative type, making the Rowan wood wand the best match.
If you share Harry’s birthday of Jul 31, then you are steadfast, and the Oak wand is said to suit you best. The ‘enchanted’ vine wand is yours if you are persistent like our favorite heroine Hermione. Note these are still made of resin and not wood.
Limited Edition Collectible Wands – $75 +tax
The Limited Edition Collectible wands are normally issued one per year. They come in a different box but still with the map of Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. The wand holder is sold separately.
Where can you buy the interactive wands from?
You can buy wands from Universal Studios Stores at CityWalk, Islands of Adventure theme park, Universal Studios Florida, or at any of the on-site resorts and hotels as they all have Universal shops which include Harry Potter book and film merchandise.
The 3 main places to buy a wand in the Wizarding World are Gregorovitch, Ollivanders (there is one in both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade) and the Wand Cart in Hogsmeade.
The most enhanced wand-buying experience is still definitely at Ollivanders Wand Shop, which is located in Hogsmeade (in Islands of Adventure), as well as Diagon Alley (in Universal Studios Florida). We prefer buying at Ollivanders at Diagon Alley for that authentic feeling, but the full list of where children and adults can buy a magical wand at Universal is as follows:
- Ollivanders – Diagon Alley (Universal Studios)
- Ollivanders- Hogsmeade (Islands of Adventure)
- Wands by Gregorovitch- Diagon Alley (Universal Studios)
- Wand Cart- Hogsmeade on the way to the castle (Islands of Adventure)
- Owl Post- Hogsmeade (Islands of Adventure)
- Trading Company Store (entry/exit of Islands of Adventure)
- Universal Studios Store – (entrance/exit of Universal Studios Florida)
- Universal Studios Store – Any on-site resort hotel
- Universal Studios Store – CityWalk
Other types of Harry Potter wands at Universal
Toy Wand- price $30
This toy wand has an illuminating tip and costs $30. It is not interactive.
Noble Collection Illuminating Tip Wands – $39.50 + tax
These wands are not interactive ,but have a battery operated illuminated tip.
Non interactive character wands – $55 + tax
This type are being phased out but are currently given for free if you purchase a Universal merchandise card for minimum of $300.
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our VISITING ORLANDO WITH KIDS FACEBOOK GROUP here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit in and around Orlando.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.