After theme park tickets, food is one of the biggest expenses at Disney, but there are still ways to save money on food at Disney World. Some of these tips will help you save money and save time from waiting in queues. From a free dining card, to hacks and tips on saving money on food and save time in line, we hope these help you on your next visit to Disney World!
Landry’s Select Card
The Landry’s reward card can be used at several venues in Orlando; including Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom and Universal’s City Walk. Sign up for the Landry’s Select card which gives you points at restaurants and offers savings. There is a sign up membership of $25 but you automatically get $25 off your first bill so essentially it’s free to join.
Subsequent meals earn you points and then more money off with special birthday offers as an additional bonus.
A huge bonus of this card is that you skip the line for walk-ins and often get seated within 20 minutes at these popular restaurants. You also get priority to sit in the best areas.
Landry’s Card at Disney Springs
This card is especially useful at Disney Springs as it can be used at both T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe. Disney Springs is incredibly popular for dining with walk in waits often long or not available so pre-booking is advised. However, if you have a Landry’s Card then you can skip the wait at T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe and often get seated within 20 minutes. You also get priority to sit in the best areas, near the dinosaurs or animals.
Both restaurants are brilliant for kids with animatronic moving animals/dinosaurs and well themed areas. T-Rex even has a free dino-dig excavation area.
Landry’s Card at Animal Kingdom
There are also two restaurants at Disney’s Animal Kingdom where you can use your Landry’s Card. You can use your Landry’s Card at Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom and also Yak and Yeti. These restaurants are also popular, so don’t disappear if you cant book them before your trip as with the Landry’s card, you can again skip the walk in wait.
Landry’s Card at Universal’s City Walk
Ok this isn’t Disney but Bubba Gump in City Walk also accepts the Landry’s card.
More Ways to Save Money on Food at Disney World
- Bring your own water bottle and fill up at Quick Service Restaurants where free ice and water is available. You will often see the machines for the paid for refillable mugs, but you can also fill up on water for free. (Remember to use the Disney My Experience App to order your meal in advance and save time queuing)
- Share meals. Potions are pretty big with two adult size meals often enough to feed three people. Bring some fruit or snacks from home to supplement the meal if required is a great way to save money eating at Disney World.
- Alternatively, if you are not that hungry, buy a kids’s meal at any Quick Service Restaurant. A kid’s meal comes with an entree, a side and a drink ands is cheaper. This is one of our favorite Disney hacks to save money.
- Bring a small soft-sided cooler and bring your own snacks and sandwiches to save money on food at Disney World. Coolers larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high (and loose ice inside these containers) are not allowed, but reusable ice packs are permitted.
- Bring some groceries to your hotel room and have breakfast before you head to the parks. Most hotels have a fridge and microwave – perfect for cereal and porridge. Some hotels even have toasters and microwave in the food court for you to use and toast a bagel or heat some Mac and Cheese.
- If you are opting for a character meal- go for a breakfast buffet, as they are cheaper than the lunch and dinner options. Try and book it for one of the last available time slots for breakfast – you can then use as brunch to keep you fuller for longer.
- Don’t order drinks with your meals (like alcohol, soda or juice) – just order ice water.
- If you just want a main, ask for the sides to be removed and only pay for the main – this can save a couple of $.
- Eat dinner offsite after leaving the park saving you dinner sit down or quick service costs. If you take a pool break in the middle of the day fix lunch in your room and eat by the pool.
What are your favourite ways to save money at Disney World?
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our VISITING ORLANDO WITH KIDS FACEBOOK GROUP here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit in and around Orlando.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.