Set close to Disney Springs and a short ride from Disney World and Universal, this place is great for families wanting a lot of facilities on site. Picture a grotto pool, paddle-boarding, kayaking, relaxing walks by the lake, S’mores by the fire-pits and your kids having a blast at the Kids’ Club.
Friends of ours stay here regularly and highly recommended it to us, so we decided we should book a stay here too. Here is exactly what you can expect if you decide to book here.
Our visit was in October, with the perfect weather for enjoying everything outdoors. Wind down by the lagoon-style pool at the day’s end, and if you snag the right room, you might catch EPCOT and Magic Kingdom fireworks lighting up the sky like we did!
Amenities for Families at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Table of Contents - Click to View
Families staying at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress can enjoy a bunch of fun activities included in the resort fee. The resort fee is $49 per day. There’s golf, tennis, paddle-boarding, kayaking, and tons more.
The kids can have a blast with rock climbing, mini golf, pickleball, bikes, and hydro bikes. If you’re into fitness, there are jogging trails and a gym ready for you.
A huge highlight for our family was the lagoon-style pool and grotto with a water slide. This cave style pool is a tropical escape with a pool that feels more like an adventure park, featuring a slide, three waterfalls, caves, and a charming rope bridge – perfect for soaking up the sun.
For those seeking relaxation, indulge in a luxurious massage or facial at the Marilyn Monroe Spa – yes, named after the iconic Marilyn Monroe. You can also find a quieter atmosphere with lakeside strolls and beautifully landscaped gardens providing a tranquil escape.
There are so many things to Do at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress with Kids! The Kids’ Club offers a haven of arts, crafts, games, and stories to keep the little ones entertained. Families with babies can rest easy knowing cribs and babysitting services are available.
For families with little ones, the peaceful lakeside and lovely gardens offer a serene escape. And at Camp Hyatt Kids’ Club, kids can enjoy arts, games, and storytelling fun.
Feeling adventurous? There’s plenty to do! Bike rides, rock climbing, and golf for starters.
Fitness enthusiasts will love the gym’s Peloton bikes. Water lovers can try paddleboarding and kayaking on the lake.
Don’t forget about mini-golf, basketball, pickleball, and tennis too!
Rooms are cozy, and equipped with fridges, sliding bathroom doors, and plenty of USB and USB-C points. Consider a lake-view room for a view of the nightly Disney fireworks. .
There’s also coin laundry available, and a business center for those who need it.
From morning til early evening, venture out of your room to meet Merlot, the friendly macaw in the lobby! You’ll find that the hotel’s got some amazing art to admire as well.
Hotel Location and What’s Nearby
Beyond the hotel, Disney Springs is a short 20-minute stroll away. Plus, the shuttle service to Disney and Universal Parks makes things super convenient!
Want a close encounter with reptiles? Gatorland’s just the place.
For a mix of fun and learning, visit the Orlando Science Center or WonderWorks. And for some thrilling fun, head to Andretti Indoor Karting & Games.
Getting to Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
The best way is to drive or Uber/Lyft. Depart from MCO Orlando Airport, follow the signs for Disney World onto FL-417 Toll S, and then transition onto FL-535 N/S Apopka Vineland Rd.
Cruise for a while, make a right onto Grand Cypress Blvd, and in no time, you’ll be pulling up to the welcoming entrance of Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. It’s located close to Disney Springs.
Rooms at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
There are a couple of room options at this family hotel. Families can opt for the two queen beds.
However, if like us your kids don’t like to share a bed, then we went for the King Bed, sofa bed and asked for an extra bed for the room.
This way, the kids didn’t fuss and everyone had a great nights sleep. Best of all, our hotel room had a view of the Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks for free.
Our rooms overlooked the pool area. Rooms come with a decent sized fridge, a coffee maker and an Iron and ironing board. Bathrooms and standard with a shower, sink, etc.
- Beautiful grounds with plenty of sunbeds
- LOTS of activities included in the resort fee
- Fridge in all rooms
- Can add extra bed
- Some rooms overlook the Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks
- Nothing within walking distance
- Marketplace in lobby quite pricey
- No microwave in room
- $49 Resort fee per night
Dining at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
LakeHouse Sushi Bar:
During our recent stay we visited the LakeHouse Sushi Bar, with delicious seafood treats. Our kids always have the edamame!
The Lobby Bar:
The Lobby Bar boasts a sophisticated atmosphere with glass walls and high ceilings. Enjoy craft cocktails like the popular Lobby Mule and try the savory Lobster Sliders for adults.
Kids can relish a classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich in this elegant setting.
On the Rocks Poolside Restaurant:
At On the Rocks Poolside Restaurant, you get tasty meals with a stunning view of Lake Windsong or the pool. Don’t miss the flavorful Grilled Mahi-Mahi Tacos, my favourite!
Kids can also enjoy the popular Mini Sliders and fruit smoothies and cocktails.
LakeHouse Restaurant & Bar:
Overlooking the serene Lake Windsong, this restaurant offers a beautiful backdrop for a culinary experience. Enjoy the savory Lakehouse Burger or opt for the Kids’ Chicken Tenders in this picturesque setting.
For quick bites like pizza or late-night treats, visit the Market. Enjoy Starbucks coffee drinks and indulge in the Handcrafted Brownies.
Create sweet memories with S’mores Kits for cozy marshmallow roasting evenings with the family. There are several fire-pits around the pool area to use.
The market also provides toasters and microwaves as well as pre-packed sandwiches, salads, and items for a quick breakfast to go.,
Four Flamingos, A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen:
Experience the tropical atmosphere at Four Flamingos, a Richard Blais Florida Kitchen. Try fresh seafood and Key Lime Pie. Kids may prefer the no fuss Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Additionally, don’t miss the hotel’s buffet breakfast in the Lakehouse. It’s amazing! We enjoyed a feast with savory sausages, tempting donuts, and more.
The kids will relish the colourful donuts, crispy bacon, fluffy pancakes, and fresh fruit. The omelet and egg station ensures perfectly cooked dishes, including chocolate chip pancakes.
If you prefer a lighter breakfast, there’s a selection of pastries, fruit, cereals and yogurt too.
Tips for Staying at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress with Kids
- Upgrade for a Magical View: Boost your family’s stay with a room that gives you a sneak peek of the Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks each night. It’s like having your private show!
- Strategic Pool Time: Beat the crowd by hitting the pool early in the morning or later in the afternoon. It’s the perfect chill time, away from the hustle.
- Explore Nature Trails: Take a family adventure on the resort’s nature trails. Whether biking or strolling, it’s a fantastic way to soak in the beautiful surroundings.
- Pack Essentials: Be the hero by keeping snacks, drinks, sunscreen, and hats handy. Having these essentials means you’re always ready for fun or relaxation.
- Socialize in Hangout Spots: Hang out in shared spaces where families gather. It’s a chance for your kids to make new friends while you swap travel tales with other parents – building your own little travel community!
- Concierge Help: Make the most of your trip with concierge assistance. They can help plan your outings, book dining spots, and provide info on local attractions. They’re like the secret ingredient for an awesome stay at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our VISITING ORLANDO WITH KIDS FACEBOOK GROUP here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit in and around Orlando.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.