Situated just a short distance from Walt Disney World, The Grove Resort & Waterpark is a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel.
We have stayed here twice with our family of four, with varying experiences. Find out what we like (and don’t) to help you decide if this is the Orlando family resort for you.
With a solid 4-star rating, this resort, surrounded by the serene Lake Austin, it gives families the best of both worlds – easy access to Disney magic and a peaceful escape from the bustling theme parks. Universal is slightly further away.
Located a quick six miles from Walt Disney World Theme Parks, The Grove Resort provides daily transportation to Disney, Universal Orlando, and SeaWorld. We opted for a hire car instead to give us some flexibility and to buy some supplies for the self catering rooms.
Rooms at The Grove Resort Orlando
Table of Contents - Click to View
Sprawling across 115 acres and flaunting a modern Mediterranean design, The Grove Resort & Water Park Orlando has a diverse range of lodging options for families looking for a vibrant Florida vacation. With 16 interconnected buildings, the resort hosts a total of 878 condo hotel residences.
This is where location is key. Our first visit we werre located near one fo the pools, and a short walk from the on-site waterpark. On our second stay, we were located right near the main entrance and quite a distance away – which meant navigating many lengthy corridors and elevators. Not ideal if you had forgotten something and needed to run back to your room
Our second visit, we opted for the two bedroom suite. Perfect for those seeking extra space, the two-bedroom suites at The Grove offer a comfortable retreat.
The rooms are the highlight with modern, stylish furniture and lots of space
They come with a Master Bedroom sporting a King Bed, a Second Bedroom with a Queen Bed or two twins, and a fully equipped kitchen with a washer and dryer.
This visit we had no coffee-maker or kettle and there were signs of wear and tear with a cupboard off its hinges etc. We did ask straightaway for missing items, but it took 12 hours to arrive. Perhaps staffing issues at the time?
Guests can enjoy a separate living room with a Sofa Bed, a Master Bathroom with a Soaking Tub, and a Screened-in Balcony.
You can choose between standard suites with views of the resort landscape or the courtyard fountain, and superior suites offering water-facing views of the lagoon, Spring pools, Lake Austin, or the Water Park.
Three-Bedroom Two-Bath Suites
On our first visit the girls had a bedroom each and us parents the master bedroom. We really didn’t the extra space but it is perfectly suited for larger families.
These suites offer 1,396 square feet of space. They include a Master Bedroom with a King Bed, a Second Bedroom with a Queen Bed, and a Third Bedroom with a Queen Bed, creating an excellent setup for a family retreat.
Three-Bedroom Three-Bath Suites
Designed to maximize space, these suites cater to families seeking extra seating areas in the master bedroom. They consist of a Master Bedroom with a King Bed, a Second Bedroom with a Queen Bed, and a Third Bedroom with a Queen Bed.
ADA-Accessible Two-Bedroom and Three-Bedroom Suites
The resort offers ADA-accessible suites to ensure a comfortable stay for all guests. These suites feature roll-in showers or accessible bathtubs, toilets equipped with grab bars, and fully equipped kitchens with lower counters.
For longer stays, The Grove Resort offers vacation rentals.These seem to be in prime positions, overlooking lush gardens, sparkling pools, or conservation land. These suites are pretty much the smae as the hotel with full kitchens, full-size washers and dryers, spacious living rooms, screened-in balconies, and layouts ranging from one to three bedrooms, blending vacation vibes with the coziness of home.
Amenities for Families at The Grove Resort Orlando
Beyond just being your gateway to thrilling theme parks, this resort is bursting with family-friendly amenities.
Situated by the serene Lake Austin, The Springs Pools are your go-to spots for family fun. Jump into one of the three spacious pools, one with a slide, splash around in the large hot tub, and watch the kids enjoy their own splash zone, all set at a delightful 83 degrees all year round. This is a quieter option to the Surfari onsite waterpark,
And when hunger strikes, the nearby Springs Bar & Grill has your back with tasty drinks and snacks to keep the whole crew energized.
Nature lovers will adore the Lake Austin Pier, where the fun never stops. Glide across the water on Swan Paddle Boats or Kayaks, or opt for a guided Pontoon Tour.
Stay fit and fab at the 24-hour Fitness Center or jog along the resort’s scenic paths or relax in the Escape Spa.
Keep in mind, there’s a resort fee covering daily theme park transportation, Wi-Fi, and access to fitness and business centers.
Things to Do at The Grove Resort Orlando with Kids
The Grove Resort & Water Park Orlando is a great bonus to have onsite for kids. Dive into the Surfari Water Park’s excitement with its FlowRider® Double surf simulator, dual water slides, 650-foot lazy river, and zero-entry pool. And yes, it’s all included in your stay with your resort fee.
When you need a break, rent a personal cabana. Fitted with a dining set, lounge chairs, a cooler with ice, and even a television, it’s the perfect relaxing spot to unwind while keeping an eye on your little ones having a blast in the water.
When it’s time for some indoor fun, the Kids’ Activity Center offers engaging daily events like the Build-a-Buddy Workshop and vibrant sand art activities. Plus, there’s Flip Flop’s Family Fun Center—an arcade paradise with games and glow-in-the-dark mini-golf for a bit of friendly competition.
Dining at The Grove Resort Orlando
Dining at The Grove Resort Orlando offers something for everyone, from casual munchies to fancy family dinners.
Start your day with a fantastic breakfast at Valencia, serving up classics like eggs benedict and French toast. For dinner, enjoy special dishes like Pan Seared Salmon or Sirloin Steak.
They’ve even got special menus for kids, ensuring a happy meal for everyone. On special occasions, Valencia’s buffets add a touch of elegance to your dining experience.
Springs Bar & Grill
Located conveniently within the resort, this spot is perfect for a relaxed lunch under the Florida sun. With a variety of tasty appetizers, meals, and refreshing drinks.
Longboard Bar & Grill
When you need a break from the water park fun at Surfari Water Park, swing by Longboard Bar & Grill.
This place is a lifesaver! Whether you need your morning caffeine fix or a quick lunch like sandwiches and wraps, Alfresco Market has everything you need!
And if you’re running low on supplies, Alfresco Market has groceries too! Don’t miss their outdoor seating area for a laid-back meal.
Plus, they offer a variety of beer, wine, souvenirs, and more. Bonus: You can easily order pizza or groceries online hassle-free!
Pros and Cons of The Grove Resort Orlando
Just like any place you visit, the Grove Resort & Water Park Orlando has its ups and downs. So, let’s explore both the positives and the not-so-great aspects to help you decide if it’s your kind of spot!
- Spacious Accommodations: The rooms felt roomy, with large bathrooms and well-equipped kitchens, making them a comfortable choice for families.
- Full Kitchen Facilities: Having a fully equipped kitchen in the room was a game-changer. It was incredibly convenient, and the in-room washer and dryer were an added bonus.
- Amenities Galore: The resort had an abundance of amenities, from fun activities to the Waterpark, catering to guests of all ages.
- Signs of Wear and Tear: Some shared spaces like walls and carpets showed signs of use, which might affect the overall aesthetic experience.
- Housekeeping Concerns: There were inconsistencies in cleaning services, impacting the overall tidiness during my stay.
- Navigational Challenges: The layout sometimes felt confusing, and better signage could enhance the overall experience for guests.
- Parking Fees: The daily parking charge of $25, in addition to the resort fee, could be a notable extra expense.
- Shuttle Services and Check-out: The limited shuttle services and early check-out might inconvenience some guests. Additionally, a significant fee for late check-out could affect the overall stay.
Tips for Staying at The Grove Resort Orlando
- Strategic Room Requests: Ask for a room in the building closest to the water park. It’ll save you some walking time, especially if you’re keen on hitting the water park often.
- Prepare for Water Park Fun: Don’t forget your swimsuits and essentials! Get ready to make the most of the Surfari Water Park. It’s got something for everyone, so packing right sets you up for a fantastic time.
- Disney Day Ease with Shuttles: Make the most of the resort’s shuttle services for an easy trip to Disney World. Being close to Disney is super convenient, and these shuttles make your day stress-free.
- Plan Ahead for Lake Activities: If you’re interested in lakeside activities like paddle boating, consider booking in advance. It’ll make sure you get to enjoy every bit of lakeside fun without any hassle.
Getting to The Grove Resort Orlando
Reaching The Grove Resort & Water Park Orlando from Orlando International Airport is a piece of cake! While the resort doesn’t offer shuttle services, there are fantastic options like taxis or Uber rides to get you there hassle-free.
Covering a distance of approximately 21 miles from Orlando Airport (MCO) to The Grove Resort, it’s a quick and enjoyable ride spanning 28.8 miles on the road. Opting for a private ride typically takes around 36 minutes, covering approximately 28.5 miles from Orlando Airport to The Grove Resort.
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can say thanks and support Visiting Orlando With Kids
1. Click here to buy me a virtual coffee (thank you so much!)
2. Join our VISITING ORLANDO WITH KIDS FACEBOOK GROUP here which includes lots of ideas & tips for things to do, places to visit in and around Orlando.
3. Click here to sign up for the latest family travel tips, guides and competitions.
3. Share this post with your friends.
4. Follow Visiting Orlando With Kids on the following platforms for exclusive content :
Thank you for your support as always.